Okay. I know, I know. I've been majorly slacking at this posting a blog frequently thing. I promise I'll figure out a way to write every week, because I absolutely love it and it is an escape. I have been so so so busy lately it's not even funny. I can't even begin to describe all that I have been doing but this post will be a catch up session on everything that's been going on in my life. It may be long, so I apologize..HERE it goes..



Alright, so a couple of weeks ago (this is where I choose to start my catch up) I went to Disneyland with Courtney, Raymond, Amanda, and Alexis. It was pouring all day, and it was very cold. But honestly, it was one of the BEST trips to Disneyland I've had in a very long time. There were barely any lines (because of the rain) and it was just so happy there. I mean, when is the happiest place on earth not happy? But, it was even HAPPIER than usual :) I love hanging out with them and there were so many inside jokes that were made, it makes me smile to this day. The reason why I love going so much is because it makes me feel like a little kid again, which I love. Which brings me to my next point!

For my Child Development class we go to an Elementary School to mentor and observe and just help teach the kids, so for the past 3 weeks I've been going every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Let me just say...I LOVE kids. They teach me more than I teach them. Honestly. The very first day, two girls came up to me and said "You're so pretty!" I mean, it's like being a superstar in the classroom. Instant self-esteem boost. But they also teach me to be carefree, not to stress, and get that innocence back that I had when I was their age. I love helping them, playing games with them, and creating ridiculous art projects with them. I love every single first grader in that class. Ahh they are just fantastic.
Another thing I've been focusing on and feeling is having hope and faith. I mean, it's such a simple thing in theory. But honestly I've seen people seriously hit there lowest of lows and God kept telling me to don't give up, and I couldn't understand for so long. But I get it now. Seeing someone I love with all my heart break down in front of me and tell me that they felt God hugging them, felt Him pull them back to Him, was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It gives me so much inspiration to be a light in this dark, dark world. Even the littlest text or smile can seriously change someones whole day and whole outlook on life. I can't wait to se what else God has in store for me.
There are so many more things I could catch you up on but basically I would like to list things that have made me happy within the last couple of weeks, despite how crappy some of my days have been..
-Dinner and movies with Madeline.
-3 hour unintentional phone conversations with Hailey.
-Funny texts :)
-Good, great guys
-Laughter
-Scoring an A on my math test (hard work really does pay off)
-Disneyland (obviously..)
-Babysitting adorable kids!
-Rain
-Long great conversations
-Getting to know someone really well
-Seeing God work in someone before my own eyes
-Love everywhere
-Smiles from strangers
Really the list goes on...but I'm again, so blessed through all the happy, sad, frustrating, and amazing times.
Sorry this was so unbelievably long. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have SUCH a blessed day and rest of your week :)




No comments:
Post a Comment