Planning. There is the type of plan where you map out what you want to do with your day, and who to spend it with. Then, there's the plan where you map out your life. When you want to finish college, get married, have kids, travel...the list continues. I think everyone has a road map in their head of how they want their life to go and turn out. I also know that we have no say in the matter. God has this plan set out for us on a canvas..how He wants every little detail of our life to go. Honestly, being a believer, I think this may be the single hardest thing to wrap my head around. Just when I think I am following God's will and plan for me and I am almost one hundred percent sure that's how He wants it go...He throws a curveball.
I've gotten a couple of curveballs thrown my way in the last few days. For one, the roommate I had planned to room with isn't going to Northern Arizona University anymore. I thought for sure we were gonna take the campus by a storm together, but God wanted something different for the both of us. He blessed me with a new roommate and although it will be hard to start over and learn so much about a new person, I am so excited to start my journey. The other thing, was that Whimsical, the frozen yogurt/gelato place I work at is going out of business. It was sudden and abrupt and my last day ever will be this Friday. That was an excellent first job, even through all the struggles of it. What I am going to miss most is the time I got to spend with the girls that worked there. Talking about our lives in between customers, and having the funniest moments happen to us. It will be hard to say goodbye, and I thought I still had a few weeks before I had to do that. But like I said, God has different plans than what we expect.
I talked to my best friends about this and they helped me get such a clear understanding as to why. I firmly believe that God changes things when we get too comfortable. He didn't intend for us to just go with the flow and live life behind the scenes. He wants us to go out of our little box and actually do something worthwhile. I'm not sure what that is for me yet, and I may not know for a long time, if ever. But what I do know, is I have to trust and have faith in His plan for me. No matter how terrifying or crazy or uncertain it is.

So it's time for me to REALLY start my next chapter and prepare myself for the future. I leave in exactly a month. Here's to the rest of my life!
"She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future." -Proverbs 31:25




No comments:
Post a Comment