Saturday, September 17, 2011

This has gotta be the good life


OKAY well, I have officially been the worst blogger in the entire world. I have been in college for six weeks now and I haven't written one blog. I am so so very sorry about this. It's hard trying to remember everything that I have to catch you all up on but I will begin with the moment my parents dropped me off for good.

I am in the BEAUTIFUL Flagstaff at Northern Arizona University and I can tell you it has been nothing but good to me. When my parents left me I obviously was an emotional wreck, but I had to bounce out of it as fast as possible. That night, I went to dinner at the union with my amazing roommate that I ADORE Kelsea, Andrea (who I met at orientation during the summer), and her roommate Amie. I gotta tell you, these girls have been such a huge blessing to my life. I wouldn't have been able to get through the first few weeks without them. We've been trying to keep busy because that is the best way to not be homesick.

Things I love about living here:
-The weather (though it is bipolar, it is lovely).
-My friends..they are wonderful.
-Bible Study with two amazing ladies that are seniors here, without that my weeks wouldn't be half of what they have been. Those 8 girls already mean the world to me!
-YoungLife...you all know how much this organization means to me, and it is HUGE here. Like, I'm in awe when I walk into the auditorium where I feel close to the two hundred others that are in there. Makes me feel completely at home.
-Being here has given me the chance to appreciate California, my family, and my best friends so much more. Distance has nothin' on that!
-The fact that I can look out any window, and see beautiful mountains topped with snow, with trees full of color right below them.
-The leaves are changing...AHHH! (I know I kinda already said that but..it's exciting).
-My dorm is officially decorated for Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then CHRISTMAS. :)


I'm not going to lie, it has been extremely hard to balance everything and find God and live my life for His glory..but I'm trying. And most importantly I'm growing. I think that is something in itself to be proud of. I miss my friends and family more than anything but when I am home, it makes our time so much more precious and special.

I honestly wish I could give you more of a glimpse into my college life but as the year progresses, I promise I will have more updates! Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment