Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Moon is Round


The moon is Round. Every time I say this, I get a puzzled look or a 'are you serious?' look. But, I thought I would tell the story behind it so everyone understood why I say it so often. I know that the moon is round, and full and white. But do you realize that the moon is there every night? Even when you can't see it, or it's a half moon or quarter moon...it's ALWAYS round. No matter what is going on in your life. This summer I heard a story of little girl who had cancer and was laying on her death bed. She kept a journal and every few pages it would say.."The Moon is Round" and her little sister didn't understand why she kept saying that. And even got angry at her sister for not telling her. After a while her sister decided to explain it to her. She said that even when we can't see the moon, it's there. Even though we can't see God, He's there. He's shining down on us..giving us light in the dark. It's an amazing thought to think that no matter what..you have someone to turn to. Someone that will never be able to compare to anyone here. Ah, it gives me chills. Last night I was hanging out with two people who have seriously helped me this year. Madeline and Hannah. I couldn't survive without them. But as I was taking Madeline home, we stepped outside in absolute awe because the stars were absolutely amazing and so bright. We stood there staring up at the sky for a good ten minutes. Those little things in life make a huge difference in mine. I take things for granted so often and I don't know why..I have so much to be thankful for and I get frustrated with myself when I don't see it. I love life. The good and the bad. The happy and the sad. Things are hard, things are easy..but they are JUST things..and I need to stop fretting about them. Let the chips fall where the may and don't worry about anything. 2010 is starting off great. And I couldn't be more blessed. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment