Friday, April 8, 2011

Hello, My name is HUMAN

"When I don't measure up to much in this life, Oh I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ"

You know what I've been thinking about a lot lately? How you can never truly please everyone, you can't always be accepted, and you won't always be liked. Now..I'm definitely a victim of being upset when I hear people talk about me or read something terrible written about me...but why should they matter? They shouldn't. And they don't. Day by day, a million trillion compliments could be thrown at you and you could only receive one bad insult, and what do you remember when you're lying in bed at night? The one bad insult, of course.


On these blogs I like to write about things that float through my head and things that I am currently going through. Recently, I have one hundred percent realized who my true friends are. The ones that I know for certain are going to be there for me even when I'm 500 miles away. But realizing that there are only a handful of these friends, I am left thinking about the handful that only think negatively about me. I'm trying as hard as I can to not let that affect me. Other people's opinions and little rude comments should not affect us. I'm not saying that because I am voicing this problem, and choosing to forget about them will suddenly solve the way others make me feel...but it will help. I have people in my life who care about me and love me. What more could I possibly need?


When it comes down to it, the world is going to shoot down good ideas, tell you that you aren't worth it, that you aren't beautiful, etc. But they don't matter. Everyone is given a label..some see you as a good person, a nice person, a Christian, a jerk, judgemental, self-righteous, and so on. Of course we mess up, and fail, and on occasion lose sight of who we really are which causes people to assume, but those people want to see us fail, and they want to see us hurt. We're HUMAN. It's a sick, twisted thing..but it somehow makes us feel better when someone else is in pain. That label that you are given, whether you know about it or not, does not matter. God sees me the way I am and they way we are, and that is the only label I want to pay attention to. Seeing it this way is better than being bothered with what everyone else thinks. Be the bigger person, and don't give people labels..you have no idea how it might affect them.


"Afterall, we're only human.."

No comments:

Post a Comment