Thursday, May 19, 2011

See you later



See you later, instead of goodbye. That has been my motto for the past week. It has FINALLY hit me like a ton of bricks that this is it. I have 3 days of high school left, and one week until I am officially a high school graduate. Up until that amazing, sad, exciting, nerve-racking day...I have to think of how to deal with talking to people and writing in their yearbooks without saying goodbye..because I just refuse.




Monday night was one of the hardest nights I've had. It was my final Wyldlife club with some of the greatest middle schoolers that I've spent the past two years with, and it was my last ever Younglife club with the family that has shaped me the past 4 years. I can honestly say that I knew it would be hard...but not nearly as hard as it actually was. Wyldlife club was an emotional one to begin with because it was one of the more intense ones that we've done. We had a beyond amazing singer and friend come play guitar and sing a couple of worship songs...ah, she is just GREAT. :) (thanks Natalie!!) and we played the Everything skit, which is a few blogs down there...but it was just amazing to see the middle schoolers so captivated..God is doing awesome things in their lives and I can't wait to see where life takes them!




Then, we had a little leader dinner for the last time. Ryan and Aliah have been huge parts of my life within the last two years and they gave me a very special card and gift card and said something nice about each of us, which was just great. Finally...Younglife Club rolled around. It started out as a normal club, playing games and such. Until they played a slide show of all the clubs we've had this year..with graduation songs in it. That's when I began to feel every rush of emotion rolled into one. Hahah. It was senior night so the songs, and a lot of different things were all related to the seniors. Ryan called the seniors up to receive a Younglife pin to wear on our gowns and that's when we lost it. I then had to start giving hugs and say the word "goodbye, but we WILL see each other!" to many people who I absolutely adore.


I know I've talked about Younglife in nearly every single post..but I can't begin to explain what Younglife and the people in it, has done for me in the last 4 years. The words "it changed my life" is an understatement. I would NOT be the person I am today without it. So sitting there for the last time was the hardest thing I will probably have to say goodbye to this year. I am so so so blessed for the family it gave me and the things I learned. It will forever be the best part of my high school career and I can't believe it's all over. I can look back and truly know that God purposely put it and everyone in it in my life for a reason. So. Amazing.




Today, I had to say goodbye to my first grade class that I've been working with the past 12 weeks. Oh BOY are they great. One of the girls, Elyssa, got me a dog that had a graduation cap on and it was adorable. They also all wrote me letters and my teacher gave me a card/gift card. I was overwhelmed with love from each of them and I'm so thankful I got to have that experience and feel like I made a difference in their life. That will be one of my favorite memories from Senior year and my heart is just so happy :)




As I finish out these last 3 days strong, I will sign all the yearbooks as if I will be seeing them next year. It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster but I one hundred percent know that I am SO EXCITED to graduate from Chaparral High School on May 26th :) :) I will have a full report after that exciting, amazing day. Then, I will be officially college bound!





See you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment