I've only really made one big move in my life. And that was my move from New York to California when I was 8. I drove across country with my mom, dad, brother, and my loving dog molly. It was crazy, long, and something I will never forget.
But with that being said, I don't think it was nearly as stressful, sad, and BIG as the one I am about to make in 11 days. How the heck did my countdown go from 98 days to 11 SO FAST?!
I have gone through massive amounts of checklists, bought so many different things for my dorm room, and have started to box things up. I think every time I get something new and add to the huge pile of things I am going to have to squeeze in the back of a van, I see my 18 years of life literally flash before my eyes. It's amazing how precious time is..and how fast it really goes.
I have three complete boxes, and I am beginning to pack all of my clothes. I made a list of necessities I need to get at target with my mom today and I just keep thinking that I am making these lists and packing up all this stuff for someone else..not me. But I am definitely the one moving out.
I have had many freak outs about this scary unknown thing..but seeing others go before me has been sad, but also extremely helpful. I am not alone in this. Everyone is terrified about this next chapter, yet VERY excited. Seeing them go off before me makes me realize that by the time I go away, they will be settled and probably be having the time of their lives. I find so much comfort in that..you have no idea.
I am going on a three day trip with four of my BEST friends in one day..and I could not be MORE excited. This time that I get to spend with the girls that have shaped me into who I am, and who have been the sisters I have never had and always wanted is going to be the most amazing thing ever and I will NOT take it for granted. I keep reminding myself that I will have the ones I love close to heart at all times this year, and I will get the amazing opportunity to see them enough to keep my sanity.
I can officially say that after praying like crazy every night and totally giving it up to God, I feel at peace with it. I know I have an amazing journey ahead and in all honesty, I will bawl my eyes out the day I have to say goodbye to my family and friends...I am ready. Ready as I'll ever be.
This will probably be one of the last blogs I write before I head off to my new life. I might do one more on the last night here in California..but for now..I am spending my whole time with the most amazing people in my life that I am so beyond blessed and undeserving to have! Love and God Bless!




No comments:
Post a Comment