Well, I thought I would finally update this now that I am happy again. I went through (in my personal opinion) the worst bump in the road you can go through in college.
It's hard enough starting out not really knowing anyone and trying to be yourself yet so badly wanting to have friends and be accepted. I mentioned earlier how I had friends here that helped me during my first two months of college...well, they turned out being people that I didn't want to spend my time with. They didn't help me grow, or support me in the way that I so badly needed. It is a very long, grueling story that I won't bore you with..but long story sho
rt. I never felt so alone in my life. I literally went to class and came back to room every day.
.and the only reason why I would publicly tell the whole world this, is because I depended on God..He is the ONLY reason why I got through that month stronger than when I started. He used my mom to be my rock, my best friends to let me know that they are always there, my beautiful floormates who have become my best friends, and of course..YoungLife.
I went on a retreat with YoungLife and it was honestly the best thing I have ever experienced. The family that they create, the love of God that is so deeply shared, and how at my weakest..I felt the strongest. God was putting His arms around me to let me know that it will all be okay.
My life here at NAU is definitely different than when I first started. But in the best way possible!
I have a new amazing roommate who helps me, pushes me, and is just as weird as I am. We get along so great and
I couldn't ask for better. My whole hall is amazing. We all click and feed off each others energy is such incredible ways. They accept me for who I am and I don't have to try to be something different. I feel so close to them, and it's only been about a month. They took me in and I couldn't be more
blessed and grateful that they did.
That's just a little inside scoop into my life here! I had an amazing Thanksgiving break at home with my family and best friends and now I will be swamped with finals. 16 days until I am home for a month! EEEP :) Thanks for reading this long recap of my life! I promise I will get better at finding time to write. Love always!




I LOVE YOU! <3
ReplyDelete