
So many times I think us girls look at ourselves in the mirror and see something wrong with our face, our hair, or our body. We get this mental picture in our head of how we're supposed to look and if we don't see it, we get frustrated & upset..we end up spending way too much time staring at ourselves thinking about what we could change, and how we could look better. But what myself, and so many other girls don't realize is we're God's masterpiece. For us to critique what He worked so long on and purposely made us look the way we do must be insulting to Him. I'm currently reading "His Princess: Love Letter from Your King" by Sheri Rose Shepherd (it is a MUST read..absolutely amazing.) And I came across this letter and couldn't help but blog about it..
My Princess-
You are my masterpiece.
I love what I have created. I am delighted in you!
Don't ever feel insecure about what you think you
you are not, because I made you in my image and
your uniqueness is a gift from Me. I did not give
you a life, My love, for you to squeeze into a man-
made mold. You are royalty, but you won't discover
that truth by gazing into a mirror. Let ME be your mirror
and I will reflect back to you your true beauty. The more
you gaze at Me, the more you will see my workmanship
in you. The sooner you see yourself for who you really are,
the sooner you can begin your reign as My priceless
princess with a purpose.
Love,
Your Kind and your Creator
Wasn't that amazing?! And doesn't it make you feel BEAUTIFUL?
Cause you are :)
My Princess-
You are my masterpiece.
I love what I have created. I am delighted in you!
Don't ever feel insecure about what you think you
you are not, because I made you in my image and
your uniqueness is a gift from Me. I did not give
you a life, My love, for you to squeeze into a man-
made mold. You are royalty, but you won't discover
that truth by gazing into a mirror. Let ME be your mirror
and I will reflect back to you your true beauty. The more
you gaze at Me, the more you will see my workmanship
in you. The sooner you see yourself for who you really are,
the sooner you can begin your reign as My priceless
princess with a purpose.
Love,
Your Kind and your Creator
Wasn't that amazing?! And doesn't it make you feel BEAUTIFUL?
Cause you are :)




No comments:
Post a Comment