Sunday, January 23, 2011

18 Years In..

Oh boy. OH BOY. Let me start by saying I'm smiling right now. Wanna know why?! Because I have the most amazing, crazy, loving, BEST people in my life. I'm finally 18 and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to spend my 18th. Everything exceeded any expectation I could have had. I just want to tell everyone what great people I have in my life, give them major bragging rights, and show off all the love I felt this weekend :) Soo here it goes!

When I woke up Friday morning (my birthday) I was first overwhelmed with texts, facebook posts, and all that. Then my mom gave me a huge birthday hug, near tears, because I'm a grown up! THEN I walk outside to leave for school to find my car completely decked out with 'Happy 18th Birthday!' and all these other amazing things written on it. All thanks to Ali, Amanda, Alexis, Carter, and Courtney. Thank you girls for making my day! :) Then I get to school and Ali hands me a beautiful card, Madeline hands me my favorite candy, Hannah hands me nice warm Starbucks, and Jasmine hands me balloons, a birthday pin, and a gift card. You can say that I was just ecstatic with all the love I was receiving! I got phone calls, texts, facebook posts, and hugs throughout the whole day which majorly contributed to my amazing day. For them to take the time out of their day to say happy birthday is wonderful! AHH I just want to re-live it over and over.

That night I had all my best friends over for dinner. We laughed (a lot), ate dinner, played Just Dance 2, had cake and ice cream, and opened presents. They all know me amazingly well because my presents fit my personality. Thanks guys!! :) Then towards the end of the night I realized that I hadn't bought a lotto ticket yet! So me, Catherine, Amanda, and Brittany hopped in Alexis' dad's NICE car to buy a lotto ticket, blasting the music as we went. You can say my night was perfect in the simplest of ways.
My future roommate also told me she sent me a package in the mail for my birthday! Ah, I've known her for about a month and I already feel so close to her. She's amazing! :)

I head to bed after bragging to my parents about all the nice things people said in my cards, and all the presents I had received, at about one o'clock in the morning. I thought hey? It's saturday. I'll get to sleep in! But actually...I was woken up/tackled by Madeline and Kendal that morning as they threw confetti at me saying "Happy Birthday!!!" at about 7:30 am. I sounded like a man because I am getting over a cold, so needless to say--funniest thing EVER. They took me out to breakfast, in my pjs, at Mimi's Cafe. Then we went to the park and just sat in the sun talking about life. They are amazing..and I love you guys so much! :)

Today is Sunday and I finally get to celebrate with my family! We're going to do the whole dinner, presents, and cake thing. But more importantly, I'm excited to spend it with people I adore.


I didn't need any presents or anything. Because I truly got the BEST gift of friends and people I love. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the best birthday I've had to date. You guys are more than amazing and I'm SO beyond blessed to have you in my life. Thank you thank you thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so so so happy that you had a good birthday!! :) :) And I feel so honored that I got to be a part of it! You deserve all that you received these last few days :D love you!

    ReplyDelete