Often times I hear people (and I think it too) that it is a form of weakness to cry. You know what? It's not. Sometimes to get over something the only way is to let out a good cry. I think there is something beautiful in opening up to someone and seeing someone cry, it lets you know that there is a special bond and you have the courage to be vulnerable. I was going to write this post last night, but it was late so I decided to write it today. Last night, I had Campaigners (which is like a Bible study through YoungLife) and it hit me that this is my last semester ever with some of the greatest girls and the greatest leader I could ask for. Now, that was sad enough in itself. But I know that I can trust those girls with everything and there was something so AMAZING about how deep we got into our study as well as life.
Their hearts for God and for others makes me happy and encourage me beyond belief. I know that we have this insane connection that we've had since freshman year. And we all opened up so much and let each other cry, as well as sincerely comforting each other. I like how we challenge each other to be better and know what to say and when to say it. Not only can we completely break down, we laugh more than we should. I walk out of that house feeling better just from the talks, laughs, and cries. I just adore those girls and appreciate them SO much. I can't help but get teary eyed thinking about not getting together every Wednesday to go deeper and grow stronger. But I have and will continue to learn so much from these talks, from these girls, and from my amazing leader. I'm so beyond blessed to have them in my life. I LOVE YoungLife. That's all there is to it. So..to my campaigner girls; I love you. And I'm so thankful for you.
Here's a "My Princess" letter to let you know that it's okay to cry.
My Princess-
It's okay to cry.
I see how hard you try to handle your heart, and I know you want to live a life without heartaches or pain. I'm asking you to take a step closer to your Father in heaven by crying out to Me when you hurt. Let me heal you. Remember My chosen, King David? He cried out to Me in his fears, disappointments, and sin, and I answered. You are also My chosen one, and you are My daughter...so it's okay to cry. I don't expect you to pretend that pain is not real. It is truth and tears that will give you the freedom that I want you to know. Now let go of that part of your heart that only I can heal. Let your heavenly Daddy hold you while you cry.
Love,
Your King who wipes away your tears
If you need to let out a good cry, do it. It's okay.




No comments:
Post a Comment