Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I want to spend some time at Your feet, take me..

Okay, so. Being sick/lying in bed for 3 days straight is horrible. Specially for someone as social as I am. BUT. It was somewhat enjoyable to just hang out, watch movies, learn about God, and have some alone time to think.

I have a three day Campaigner Camp this weekend through YoungLife at our local camp that is about an hour away. And I'm SO excited. I get to spend the whole weekend with my YoungLife family and God. What could be better? The things I kinda was thinking about these past three days revolve around forgiveness. I've been going back in forth trying to figure out how to somehow fix something that is broken..and I just don't know how. But then I realized..if it is weighing so heavy on my heart then I must react. The only problem with this is--I don't know what the reaction should be. I know I'm supposed to be the bigger person (which I'm quite good at if you ask me) but in this situation neither of us did anything wrong. We grew apart and that person decided to leave. Now my question is do I go after them? Or do I let them go? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem but I've written countless letters, gone over what I want to say thousands of times, and have given up a million times. But there has GOT to be a reason why I'm hanging on.


Forgiveness. Such a simple word..yet so hard to do. I think it's easy to say "I forgive you." but to me, you really aren't fully forgiving them by brushing it under the carpet like nothing happened, or even hanging onto the fact that they did something wrong in your eyes. I think for us to not forgive is to fall, and to fall is not what God intended for us to do. He intended us to stand firm and live like He did. I think to truly forgive you just gotta let go. But in order to do so...you have to talk things over and clear things up. It's the only way.


So I have decided to make a huge gesture and make things right. The title of this blog is "I want to spend some time at Your feet, take me.." because the only way I know how to figure things out is if I give them up to God and let Him lead my steps instead of me. Because I often take the 'wheel' in my life when I clearly know better.


Is there someone that you should forgive to move on? How would you deal with forgiveness? I think we all need a second chance every once in a while. We're human. We fall, and sometimes we need someone to pick us up. My question to you is, are you going to be the person falling or the one picking someone up?


No comments:

Post a Comment