Saturday, January 8, 2011

Timing is Everything


Ohhh gosh. Today was a good, no GREAT day. It was one of those days that I appreciate. Not that I had to do anything absolutely amazing..but who I was with made it that way. I have been in an extremely great mood lately and I really think that it has to do with who I surround myself with. I'm so very blessed.
Anyway, I went on a date with Madeline and Kendal tonight. I love those two lovely ladies. We went to Panera for dinner then to the movies to see Country Strong. I don't care if you don't really fancy country music..GO SEE IT. It was absolutely amazing. I haven't seen that many really great movies lately but this one..blew me away. It was so up and down, happy then sad. But in the best way possible. Not to mention the acting was phenonemal. It was one of those movies that is hard to give a summary of, but the overrall message is definitely blogging worthy.


What I got out of the movie is timing is everything, choose love, always, and do what makes you happy. Now..these things are very broad. But I really believe that everything that happens in our lives is for a specific reason and it was definitely supposed to happen at the time it did. But these things go together. I think so many times we are after happiness in the form of education, a job, friends, money, etc. and we don't really choose to be happy with those who are in our lives, as well as what we have in our lives. We're worrying about little things about who the "in" crowd is, what crazy things we're going to do over the weekend, what guy is in our lives..the list goes on and on. But I think we really need to be happy with the moment we're in. Ya know?


We need to not worry about little things such as, high school. For me, I know high school was a fun time and sort of a fact of life..but I'm ready to move onto bigger things. There is a whole world out there waiting for me and it makes me sad knowing some people are just dying to live and stay in high school. In the movie, the main character says that we shouldn't be afraid to fall in love, and we should fall in love with everything. I love this. I want to be reminded everyday of the things that are beautiful to me, the people that make me realize love exists, and the amazing life that God gave me. He wakes me up every morning hoping that I direct my steps in such a way that will glorify Him, and He always wants me to be happy. I wake up angry, sad, and hurt very often..but I think I need to wake up happy and be satisfied with the reasons I'm here, doing the things I'm doing, and doing these things with the people He's provided me with.

I know this post was a little all over the place..but I feel as though you will get it if you see the movie. You'll know where I got all these thoughts & it will make more sense. Thanks for taking this journey with me, and trying to understand all the thoughts I have. I so much appreciate it :)


Ps.... 5 days until I see Debbie Lee.
6 Days until we trek to Vegas to see Alexis Weber.
13 Days until I'm 18!!!!

I think this may be why I'm so beyond happy :) :)
Have a great week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment