(I will post pictures from my amazing weekend in a different blog, at a later date..stay tuned.)
You know the expression what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? Well, in my case I hope that's not true. I had the most amazing, rewarding, fun, fabulous weekend that I've had in a really long time. I need to just explain everything I saw, experienced, and felt throughout this weekend. With that being said..this post may be rather long. But please read it and maybe you can be inspired from at least one thing I say in this :)
Day One: Friday
Debbie and I drove from Temecula to Vegas which is about a four hour drive. The whole drive consisted of eating, listening to music, reading, and talking. Normal road trip. When we got to Alexis' house we obviously attacked her cause we were so excited to see her (it's been a year). Then Alexis, being the amazingly talented singer song writer that she is put on a concert for us. She is brilliant with her music and so inspiring. You can just see God's light through her. Look up Alexis Weber on FB if you don't believe me :) But then we took a drive to see where she lives and goes to school..then rented a movie and talked and painted our toes...totally a girls night, I know. We then attempted to learn from Darrins Dance Groove. (Of course trying to learn the dance to 'Bye, bye, bye') All in all amazing night. But THEN...
Day Two: Saturday
Alexis, Debbie, and I got up at 6:30 am to feed the homeless with Alexis' church. I honestly am at a loss for words on how amazing this experience was. The first place we stopped at we helped people pick out clothes that the church donated. We met a little girl named Alina who was just 10 years old. She was
so excited to be getting new clothes and that we were helping her. When it was time to go she ran to her mom with a huge smile on her face and she had this incredible light in her. Most rewarding thing ever. The second place we stopped at was behind apartments in a not so good area. This time we helped pass out lunches and desserts and they were all so thankful and it felt good to know we were doing it for God's glory and for HIS ministry. We met a man named Richard who was 55 years old, pretty messed up mentally..but I can't count how many times he said thank you and how great we were for doing this. He had tears built up in his beautiful blue eyes and my heart was breaking for these amazing people who are just so unfortunate. They believe our society hates them but it's our job to just love on them. Ahh I wish you could all see what I saw. If you get a chance to feed the homeless...do it. Please.After that we were physically and emotionally drained so we took a nap. Then Alexis had a prayer night at her church..where they found out one of their youth leaders had died, and the whole room was shaken up but so many people loved this man and it's clear that he's partying with Jesus up in heaven. Spending time with God and only God for just that hour was so incredible. We then went to the strip and went to Serendipity's. This night was filled with painful, long walks, interesting people, lots of laughs, silly jokes..everything under the sun. Vegas is such a crazy place for three underaged teenage girls but it was so fun and I loved spending time with my amazing work crew girls. They are encouraging, fun, and so great.
Day Three: Su
ndayWe woke up early to go to church and I learned such an amazing thing. Live at 212 degrees. Water's boiling point in order to start to steam is 212 degrees. This is how on fire for God we should be..we all have a spiritual temperature and I'm striving to be at 212 degrees and build my relationship with God so it's as strong as it can be. Not just how I look and appear on the outside, but on the inside. I want to be seeking after God in absolutely everything.
Live at 212 Degrees
This is a weekend I will never, ever forget and I'm so blessed with the experiences, people I was with, and people I met for God's purpose. I learned so many things and I'm still in awe..I love God and what He is doing in my life.
God is good, so so good. <3
So yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but I definitely don't think what happened in Vegas should stay in Vegas. I'm carrying out so much of what happened this weekend into my daily life back here in Temecula. I realize how blessed, thankful, and how undeserving I am..and I will never forget that.
And I'll let my words be few, "Jesus I am so in love with You."




No comments:
Post a Comment