Monday, January 3, 2011

Every day is a new beginning


To start this off, this post won't be anything special. Tonight is one of those nights where I just want to write. And it'll probably be a little all over the place because let's face it..my brain thinks something different ever second. I can't keep up. Haha.


BUT. Tomorrow marks a big day. I am into the second half of my Senior Year. I have something going on pretty much EVERY weekend in January. So that month will fly by, Febuary is super short, March/April we have a two week Spring Break, and May..we graduate. Needless to say, our lives in high school are about to flash before our eyes. I'm really excited. Of course, I'm sort of (no I take that back, REALLY..) dreading school..but just the school aspect of it. The waking up before the sun is out, the traffic of getting to school, the pointless hour of classes..for 5 periods, ahh. It is a drag, I'm not going to lie. But for some reason I'm actually excited to go back. Don't worry..I'll write another blog tomorrow wondering why on earth I ever said that..but it's how I'm feeling at this moment & that's what this blog is about. Right?


Anyway, this break was overrall really relaxing. One that probably won't go down in history or anything..but it was really nice. I got to spend a lot of time with family which I love. So I have no regrets that I didn't do something every second of every day during break.


I talk about college everyday with a girl that could potentially be my roommate. (Who is amazing by the way). Oh and I'm almost set that Northern Arizona University is going to be the college for me. It's beautiful, it's an amazing 6 and a half hours away from Temecula, it has YoungLife, it has weather changes...it's got everything I want. AND God has already provided me someone who is exactly like me to be my roommate. I mean honestly, how can I not see this as God's plan, and not just some mere coinicidence? I'm so very blessed to say the least :)


Feelings are all over the place for me. I don't know how to feel. Because on certain days all I can think about is the future. Then on some days all I can think about is never leaving the present. What I need to do is LIVE in the present and just let the future unfold when it is supposed to. (Hence, the future.) Life is such a crazy thing and even amongst all the weird stuff and bad stuff happening in my life I just need to continue to be thankful and blessed for what I do have. That's all that matters.


I posted a quote on Facebook;

Some people are meant to be in your life forever, and some are just meant to make an appearance. This quote is beyond accurate, but what I LOVE is that my dear and lovely friend Kendal commented on it saying.."but all of them serve a purpose." That created such a HUGE change in the quote. Because I know that they serve a purpose, she just helped me realize that no matter what.. God put them in my life for a very specific reason. Thank you soo much Kendal. You are so AMAZING. And I love you :)


Sorry for the thousands of thoughts I just posted, but I'm going to end with this;


God doesn't give you the people you want. He gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you, and to make you the person you are meant to be.

Just take a moment to reflect on that and thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I adore this, you are simply a sweetheart my dear! I really hope God let's us share college adventures together, you're exactly the kind of friend i need :)

    ReplyDelete